Some of you might know that I just finished a 3 day fast where I consumed 0 calories…
Research has shown that fasting is a great way to reset hormone that are out of balance, improves blood sugar control, improves body composition and reduces inflammation.
In short, fasting can help turn back the clock and give you a few more years to have an amazing life.
These are all the reasons I am making fasting (intermittent and extended) a regular part of my life.
While continuing to research fasting, I came across this article, 6 Popular Ways to do Intermittent Fasting.
Here are the highlights:
1. The 16/8 method. Only eat during an 8 hour window during the day. Once I started doing this method, I learned to control my impulses to just grab a snack. The other HUGE benefit was that I no longer get “Hangry”.
2. The 5:2 diet. Involves eating normally 5 days of the week while restricting your calorie intake to 500–600 for 2 days of the week.
3. Eat Stop Eat. Involves a 24-hour fast once or twice per week. The technique is fasting from dinner one day to dinner the next day, this amounts to a full 24-hour fast.
4. Alternate-day Fasting. Eat normally one day. The next day eat no more than 500 calories.
5.The Warrior Diet. It involves eating small amounts of raw fruits and vegetables during the day and eating one huge meal at night.
6. Spontaneous Meal Skipping. Another way to do intermittent fasting is to simply skip one or two meals when you don’t feel hungry or don’t have time to eat.
No matter how discipline your meal plan is, you can never go wrong by skipping a meal or two.
Whether you’re doing intermittent fasting or a multi day fast, make sure you stay hydrated, and increase the vitamins and minerals your body needs to work at an optimum level.
As always, stay awesome and GET NAKED!